Sunday, December 24, 2017

Merry Christmas

Thought I would add another post to this blog before the year runs out. What better time than Xmas Eve. So to all you fellow gamers out there, Merry Christmas, Happy New Year and I hope you have many good gaming years to come.

Sadly our little Group has been out of action for awhile due to all the Xmas and family business going on. We hope to get a game in around New Years. We went in together and ordered some CigarBox Battle Mats that we hope to put to good use. They had a 20% discount going on orders of three or more mats. If you haven't seen them they are pretty nice. Check'em out here: http://cigarboxbattlestore.bigcartel.com/

So what's Mitch been up to since he hasn't been playing war games. Well I decided to get back into Napoleonic Sharp Practice(SPv2) so restanded some Victrix Napoleonic French I had painted some time ago.

Here are a few more. I've only got three Voltigeur figures and In SPv2 you need six for a Skirmisher Group so decided I needed to paint a few more.

So here they are in process. Nasty figures to put together. I can't see how one can glue the arms on and then paint the figures as they create crevices that I can't get into. So I paint the arms and bodies separately and glue them together later. Tedious but it works. I wouldn't buy Victrix figures again. If you know a better way, please let me know.

I have a box of Colonial Militia from Wargames Factory(now owned by Warlord Games, I think) and decided to paint up a few to see how they look. Just a tad bigger than the Old Glory ones  from Gajo that I have. I intend to paint up some more to replace the Custom Cast militia and skirmishers I have now that are noticeably smaller than the Old Glory.

 Here's a tray of some Napoleonic French wounded I've slowly been trying to paint to use for SPv2 Shock counters. Also have some British I haven't even primed yet. If we ever get back into SPv2 Napoleonic, I gonna need these.

Just finished another twenty man unit of Pathans for TSATF. More on the way. So many figures to paint, so little time. So far I have two units of Pathans and one unit of Brits(see below) complete with several more of each in various stages of completion. Some I acquired already painted and they need just a little touch up. Others need a little more work, but someday soon, Northwest Frontier action with TSATF will be on the menu.


Below are some British  artillery crew intended for AWI period. The black figure is a Surgeon figure intended as a Physician Support for Spv2. In the background a Commander for the Pathans. I've got enough projects going to keep me busy for a long time.


Best Holiday wishes to all of you. Not sure if I'll get another blog entry done before the new year. If not I'll see you on the other side.

1 comment:

Rusty Gold said...

Are you using plastic cement on the arms for the Victrix figures ? If you let the cement soften just long enough it softens up those joins . Negating those gaps . A touch of Vallejo Putty will help . Also file the arm joins to get a flat seam before and after gluing . Testors and Revell have needle bottles which are really good for precise application