Friday, December 08, 2017

Reverend Hal E. Looya

I was looking for a figure as a Holy Man Support option for Sharp Practice v2 American Revolution Period. There are several suitable ones available commercially ranging from monks to priests to reverend types. A good wargaming friend gave me one, but I thought he was a little too pompous looking (the figure, not the friend) for the Ungrateful Rebellious Colonists.



I had a box of the Wargames Factory AWI Militia plastic 28mm figures and decided I could make a suitable figure that was a little more what one find accompanying some rag-tag rebel soldiers. So I selected a figure and added a cross cut from card and a Bible made from Green-Stuff and below is what I ended up with. Meet Reverend Hal E. Looya, ready to bring salvation to the defenders of Liberty and Freedom and Damnation to those who oppose them. It was said where ever he would stop to preach, flowers would soon grow afterward.



 Here he is next to the more formal figure that I plan to use for the British Forces. Please excuse my poor picture taking and staging.





So I don't think he came out to bad. The box of Wargames Factory Militia  has all the figures such that when you glue their head on, they are all facing sort of down. I would have preferred a figure looking more straight ahead or upwards, but he is what he is. Of all the Priest figures I could find, I think the one by Crusader Miniatures, Pirate Motley Crew Pkg is about the most suitable for AWI Patriots, but the one I made is entirely suitable and I don't have to pay for two other figures I can't use. See below:
Thanks for looking




1 comment:

DeanM said...

Very cool character figure, Mitch!